TriCab Bi-Metallic lugs are specifically designed to terminate our flexible aluminium cables without the need for Copper Tails or Reducing Links. This saves enormous installation cost and time. They are manufactured using a friction welding process, which provides optimal transition between aluminium barrel and copper palm.
Suitable for TriCab flexible aluminium cables only.
- Cost Savings
- Narrow palm eliminates the need for flexible Copper Tails or Reducing Links.
- Clear markings of conductor and crimp die sizes.
- Designed to fit standard circuit breakers including traditional Bi Metallic applications.
- 99.6% Pure Aluminium
- 99.95% Pure Copper
- Copper Alloy Temper M to AS 1567
- Aluminium Alloy 1350 Temper to AS2848.1
- -40°C to 110°C
- -40°F to 230°F
- AS/NZS 4325.1, IEC 61238-1
Inspection & Testing
- Visual inspection
- Physical measurement
- Weight measurement
- Conductor fit
- Heat cycling test to AS/NZS 4325.1 and IEC 61238-1
- Mechanical pulling test to AS/NZS 4325.1 and IEC 61238-1
** There is a +5% tolerance to the NOMINAL values due to manufacturing process variations. TriCab is not liable for
any errors, omissions, etc., and reserves the right to modify specifications at any time.
*Suitable for TriCab flexible aluminium cable only.